Sunday, December 21, 2008

What's in a name?

So now Cody, my oldest, is saying he likes the name Hageshii for Rhett. Rhett means enthusiastic, fervour. That is what Hageshii means also along with fiery. However, the Kanji can mean violent so we have to be careful how it is written. Since Cody is the one who gave Rhett his name when he was born, I suppose it would be his right to also give him his Japanese name.
Somewhere in Japan is my mother's brother. After looking for him for a number of years, we still haven't been able to find him. I will continue to look tho. I wonder about him, wonder if I have cousins, wonder if he ever thought about my mother after she left Japan.
His name is Kazuo Araki. Their mother's name was Tome and their father's name was Yashio.
Cody wants to take on the last name of Araki legally. I do not have a problem with this as I would like to hyphenate my last name to include it also.

No comments: