Friday, December 19, 2008

What are we up to today...

Or should I say, "What we should be up to today..."
I was researching Japanese names.
My mom was supposed to give Rhett a name in Japanese. We had kind of settled on Yugure, which means Darkness or the time between light and dark, twilight. Dusty thinks Tatsumaki is a better one because it means Tornado and that is exactly what Rhett is. Our family name is Araki. Dusty's name is Senshi which means Warrior. Cody's is Shin'ichi which means Faithful first son or One truth.
I'm supposed to be looking for a job, but its depressing. I'm supposed to be cleaning the house, but there is only so much time that I can spend doing that. It seems that I am constantly cleaning.

Dusty is supposed to be taking his CAT-9 test. But he's been playing with his little brother. They've been having fun so I am not worried about the test. Although I kind of listed our beginning school year as January 1st and I have to take in our NOI 2 weeks before then...hmmm. I have seemed to pass the due date. Oh well.

Rhett, of course has the run of the house. We don't do any real type of schooling with any of the boys, but him especially unless he asks for it. Although he's been wanting to learn how to knit and sew. He has been spending his day flittering here and there. Playing with magnets and my sewing pins. He discovered that a magnet will pick them all up. He and Dusty have been making little figures with a roll of magnets and pretending they are different things. He has also been playing with a flashlight.

O.k. So now Dusty is doing his test and grumbling. He's not liking it this year. Last time he thought it was great. Next time we will probably have the assessment done instead.
I cleaned the kitchen and am going to update my resume for preschool teacher instead of massage therapy.
And Rhett is happily watching the Backyardigans on a dvd we got from the library.

Our day is not over yet. We shall see what mischief we can conjure up by the days end.

No comments: