Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Boys

I never fully introduced my boys. As with all parents, I can say my boys are wonderful.
My oldest is now 19 years old. He's charming, sarcastic, has dry wit and humour. He can be morbid with the best of them...including me. He's been my sparring partner for years. But now he is afraid he will hurt me so we don't do as much as we used to.
He loves learning about Japanese history, loves to write stories, loves music. He has two bass guitars and a drum set. He has taught himself how to play by trial and error, watching, listening and practice. He collects swords and knives.
Over all he is a wonderful young man who is respectful of others, lets things roll off when someone tries to offend him.

My 11 year old is outgoing, fun and sensitive. He loves helping people and goes out of his way to do so. He also loves taking things apart to find out how they work. He has the entreprenuer spirit and tries to find ways to make money on his own for the things he wants. He loves mysteries. He can spend hours playing a computer games with a whodunit theme. He also loves simulators. He reads a variety of books, his favourite for a while as by Erin Hunter. Now he just kind of reads whatever he finds interesting. He also loves his legos. He spends some time building and coming up with new things.

My youngest at 3, getting ready to turn 4, is...well at the moment, moody. He misses the warmer months where he could run outside catching bugs. He misses the grasshoppers and ants. He misses chasing butterflies. I tell him to chase snowflakes. He loves it when it does snow. He loves building things with blocks. He loves playing with the hammer and screwdriver. He tries to "fix" our steps leading to the deck all the time, even putting new nails in it so it doesn't wobble.
He loves being read to and his favourite book is Inai Inai BA which is Peek a Boo in Japanese. Its a cute board book that he knows by heart. His other favourites are the Berenstain Bears, The Bear Snores On and the other books that belong in that series. He loves playing video games and is amazing at them. He speaks in both Japanese and English.
He loves trying new things and practically shows no fear. That can be scary sometimes especially when he is jumping off something particularly high, yelling "mommy catch me!" before I really ahve a chance to turn around.

So those are my boys. Happy, loving, moody, special and growing up too fast.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I found your link on Xenia's blog. My daughters are taking karate and are very interested in Japanese language and culture. I enjoy watching them spar together.
We also love "Bear Snores On" and the other books by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman!