Friday, December 12, 2008

December...

Its hard to believe that it is the middle of December already. This year has flown by and I haven't done all the things I wanted to. But hey, that is OK. Little setbacks. Next year is another year and another chance.
On next years agenda...
take the boys fishing more than once
hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park
cave exploring
visiting some historical sites here in Colorado and maybe some surrounding states
camping
go for my NCBTMB (national cert for bodyworkers)
get my cert in Eastern Holistic Medicine

I would put down write a best selling novel, but its a little far fetched. Think I'll just put down: finish a book and hope it sells.

I always envisioned myself in a cozy cottage somewhere in the country surrounded by my children and pets writing away. I'm a nature girl at heart. I would have flowers and herbs drying on the walls, beautiful flowers growing in window boxes, cooking over a fire in a large hearth fireplace.
The boys would spend most of their time playing outside in the yard. Hopefully there would be a stream for them to explore on the long summer days. I could envision them bringing me a tadpole or lizard as I quietly type or do research. Actually, it wouldn't be quiet...I love music too much for it to stay quiet for long.
Don't know if I can picture a significant other in the picture or not. I always thought I would be happily married, but I guess things weren't meant to work out. So I just envision me and my boys in this life. Maybe the time will come when I will be able to have that special someone.
I can see the boys and I cuddled up in front of the fireplace on cold winter days and nights reading books aloud, maybe making popcorn and listening to the wind and snow blow around the house.
Books play an important role in our home. Each one has their own genre that they like to read. I like thrillers/mysteries, Cody likes sci-fi/historical (especially Japanese)/and the macabre, Dusty likes lots of different fiction, but mostly mysteries. Rhett likes animal stories.
I like reading books on forensic protocol and procedures and forensic psychology I guess that goes along with reading the mystery/thrillers that I like so well. Especially the ones that deal with serial killers such as Catherine Coulter, Kay Hooper, Iris Johansen, Alex Kava...
I would love to be able to write a story as they do. One that makes you coming back for more, one where you can't wait for the next book to be published.
I got to meet Catherine Coulter a couple of years ago. Classy lady. I enjoyed speaking with her and would love to do it again.
Another authour I would love to meet would be Karen Marie Moning. I love her Highlander series and now the Fever series. Awesome books.

I will be there someday soon. I will be able to pick a book of of the best seller's table, point to it and say, "This one is mine!"
Maybe this upcoming year.

No comments: