Tuesday, November 18, 2008

End of November?

Are we coming to the end of November already? Hard to believe that this is the 18th already. Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of my mother's death.
Things are getting better, sort of. Still go through bouts of wanting to cry uncontrollably, but haven't yet.

Schooling. Hmmmm. Learning is definately going on. Good thing it isn't structured. We would not get anything done.
Dusty (my 11 year old) is raking leaves in the neighbourhood to earn some cash. He is trying to figure out how to build a go-cart and wants to learn to weld. An 11 year old with a torch. Wonder if I dare.
My 19 year old (well almost 19, will be on the 26th) quit his job. My sanity has returned somewhat. My body is slowly realizing that I don't have to get up at 2 am and again at 6 am. He still spends most of his time playing the bass and writing. Wonder how long will I have to wait til I see something in print.
My 3 almost 4 year old (Rhett) is into everything as usual. He is sad that he doesn't get to play with grasshoppers anymore so I bought him little plastic ones. Not the same, I know. He too, with the help of his brother's, has discovered the fun of playing with airsoft pistols. They have a target in the backyard.
He is learning more Japanese and its fun to watch the baffled look on people's faces because they can only understand part of his sentences.
We are going to start on reading the Iliad and Odyssey.
Well, I am off to the store to buy a non low flow toilet thingy. Yes, I said thingy. Installed a low flow system thinking it would be better...but NOOOOOOOO! Its been a pain in the butt ever since. Oh, and can't forget the ferret food.

Jaa ne

No comments: