Friday, July 17, 2009

Our New Library

I really miss the library in Aurora. The Smoky Hill Branch was the most awesome library I've been too. It was mostly due to Woody's Coffee and Smoothie shop within it. He had really tasty strawberry truffle smoothies and on cold days I loved to get a caramel cider.
The library we go to now is pretty small. The fines are outrageous and they have no coffee shop. I know we were spoiled, not every library has a coffee shop in it. But I do miss the smoothies especially on days like today (103 degrees) and I am craving something sweet.

They do have pets in the library though. They have a guinea pig, a dove, two Australian walking stick bugs, fish, a tree frog and a gecko. They are all down in the children's section of the library.
Rhett fell in love with the guinea pig named Coco. He thinks the dove is sad because they keep her in a cage and she cannot find her babies. I wonder where he got that from...
They have a small playroom with couches and a couple of toys and a few puzzles. We are still learning where things are there and of course they don't have as many books on certain subjects although we can request books from other libraries.

I haven't found many homeschoolers so I've been toying with the idea of putting up a notice on the board there. I'm sure there has to be more than I've already found in the area. This is supposed to be an awesome state to homeschool in with very little regulations. So far no one in the new neighbourhood homeschools their children and the school is a little ways away. There is a performing arts school down the street and an elementary school built within a very ritzy hoa neighbourhood that I think is only for the kids who live in that area. I think I like to keep my children with me so we can explore and have fun rather than have them sit in a classroom getting in trouble for wistfully looking outside and thinking what might have been.

No comments: