Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting Settled

We are finally getting settled in the new house. It isn't home yet. I don't know if it will ever feel like it. We are renting so there is only so much we can do and I keep telling the kids what they can and cannot do...
I can't wait til we can buy another house. We are still waiting for the one in Aurora to sell. I hope its soon as we cannot afford two places.

The house here in Boise has three bedrooms and one bathroom. We are trying to make it work. The house's saving grace is that it has a really huge backyard that the kids and pups can play in. The front yard is fenced as well. We have been keeping the kitties inside since they do not know the neighbourhood (and its filled with dogs) and might get lost. Oh! Did I mention that hawks carry off kitties around here???
The backyard also has fruit trees, raspberry canes, lemon balm, mint, sage, rosemary and blackberries. Someone started an herb wheel but never planted the herbs. There are also three raised garden beds one of which I've already planted some things in.


We are on the outskirts (unincorporated) part of Boise. It takes 20 minutes to get to downtown. People in the neighbourhood are pretty friendly here. We had chocolate chip cookies waiting for us on the counter the morning we got here. The neighbour lady across the street from us has a bobcat for a pet. There are backyard horses here as well as chickens. Down the road from us is a huge corn field...

I will have pictures later. Some photographer I am...always forgetting my camera.

No comments: