Friday, August 28, 2009

Its the end of August already???

We have been here for 2 months. I am sorry to those I promised to drop a line to but haven't yet.

So much has happened. Cody is back home. YaY!!! He is not so happy though. I told him to take this time to solidify his plans for the future. If it means school, then go to school. If he wants to learn a trade, then do so. He has the time right now.

School is starting next week for the locals here. I hear mixed reviews from parents and children alike.
I love the fact that my children will be kept out of the massive crowds at the schools and have the freedom to pursuit their likes. One of the girls who also volunteers at the ranch has to quit even though she homeschools. Dusty said something about her not having time now that school is starting again. So I am thinking virtual school or her parents are pretty strict. Which is ok if that is what fits their family. I think it kind of sad that she loves being around horses and cannot be even though she is homeschooled.

When Dusty is working at the horse ranch, Rhett and I take long walks by the canal. It is supposedly illegal to swim in the canal because of dangerous undercurrents. But there is a place where we can go down to a sandy spot that is pretty level. I let Rhett go up to his knees. The water is still pretty cold. We have been finding all sorts of interesting things in the water from pond skaters to water snails. He loves to throw rocks in the water. Its quite a relaxing way to spend the mornings.

Most of our days are spent playing in the backyard, taking walks and sitting in the garden reading books. We venture out to the library once a week and spend a couple of hours there where he plays with other children and the library's pets. They have such a cute guinea pig named CoCo that Rhett is quite fond of.

Soon we will begin visiting the local flora and fauna. There is a place called Bogus Basin that is supposed to be a great place to go hiking. The downtown parks are supposed to be really nice as well. We still have to visit the nature center and zoo here. Supposedly the first Thursday of the month are free days at the museums and such so we shall see.

We are still adapting and Rhett talks about the "pink" house often. Especially how he had to leave his toys there. I hope to replace them soon, I know he is sad about that. I am sad as well. I had to leave some things that were important to me. I know they can be replaced, but not the sentiment.
Life is full of disappointing things, I just have to adjust and move along.

No comments: