Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where are all the children...

Blog: 5/15/09

I am wondering where all the children are. It is noon. It is sunny. It is a beautiful day outside. I am sitting here at the park and there is only one other child out here besides my four year old son. I know the older children are at school, but where are the younger ones. This neighbourhood has a lot of children in it…I’ve seen them.
How can children be indoors on a beautiful day like this? I think it inhumane. I should be seeing children running in the huge grassy area here or zipping down the slides.
It makes me sad that my little one has no one to play with. His older brother is off with friends and his oldest moved to Tacoma four days ago. He misses him terribly.
I think about how children today are stuck more indoors not getting enough exercise and sunlight. How children are losing their playtime because of busy schedules and such.
I would love to see playgrounds full of children, laughing and running. Making up stories and pretending and not t.v. based play or characters. I would love to see children outside and not stuck indoors playing video games or stuck in front of the television with mindless blank stares on their faces like a zombie had eaten their brains.

No comments: