Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Destressing

I do have to say that in the past 9 months I have had my fair share of stress. I think I have hit all the markers for that stress test doctors give. I miscarried, my husband decided that he no longer wanted to be married to me (then keeps changing his mind.), my mother passed away, I was diagnosed with a heart problem and had to be on meds, my oldest son moved away, and now I am moving...oh and can't forget the job that I was supposed to start, but never quite did.
I don't think I have had time to process everything that has been going on.

So I have set out to find a way to destress. I know it really isn't possible at the moment since I have to pack up the house and get it ready to put up for sale within a week or so. (And here I am on the computer writing...)
I would love to get a massage. I could really use one. I would love to just sit and draw or paint. Veg out in the backyard watching the birds and squirrels.
I'm thinking of getting a loom and a spinning wheel. I think that would be a wonderful de-stressing tool. Not to mention it would be great for the business I want to start. I already have a lot of yarn I've spun. I have some wool that is ready to dye and be spun. I have to decide what colour. I also have to find the time...
I got a book from the library on Chinese knot tying. I've always found it fascinating so I figure I'd give it a try.
I really hope the library in Boise is as good as the one here. Guess that will be one of the things to check out when we drive up there at the end of the month.

Well, times awasting...back to packing.

No comments: