Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Its finally done

Rhett was invited to a costume party and of course me being me would not go out and buy him one. Why should I? So I decided to torture myself and make him one.
I wanted to make him a Japanese outfit. It has Hakama pants, kosode and jacket.
Now, I really can't sew. I like to think I can, but I really do detest it. I am not that methodical. I do not like to do things in order and sewing makes me do things in order.

I don't think it came out all that bad. My sewing machine hates me and made sure the thread broke about every 30 seconds or so. It took me such a long time to get the jacket done whereas I had no problem with the pants.
I would have made Rhett dress up, but he fell asleep on me. I was even tempted to wake him up and make him try it on. Oh well. I shall get pictures of him tomorrow at the party.

No comments: