Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh the Whims...


I love creating things. I love to draw, write, spin, take pictures, play music...
Lately I've taken to dyeing wool rovings and then spinning them with a drop spindle.
In this picture, the roving is supposed to be peach, but it came out more orange than peach.







This is the same peach colour that I had spun. I'm not sure what I am going to use it for yet. I'm thinking hair for one of the waldorf dolls that I am going to make. I have more of it sitting on my drop spindle.
I am dyeing more wool, but this time a pretty turquoise. I am not good at knitting yet. Oh so many things I want to try.
I have about 40 pounds of wool sitting in my garage that needs to be cleaned, carded, dyed and spun. Some of it will be used for felting, that I can do. I can also crochet although I haven't made anything spectacular.

I also make jewelry. Well, its more like stringing beads and stones together. I would love to learn how to do silver. One of these days...
I made a similar necklace, but I am sending it to my friend in Japan. Her name is Yukie. Yukie means snow in Japanese. Right now she is battling cancer and I'm not sure how she is doing. I think she does not want me to worry about her. She is so sweet. So please offer up thoughts about her so she can beat this.

No comments: